Reasons We Need A “Crossroads” Sequel
Taryn said she’s down. Let’s make this happen!
1. First of all, because Taryn Manning admitted in a recent interview that she would appear in a Crossroads sequel.
And it’s not exactly like she’s desperate for work being that she’s one of the stars of Orange Is the New Black.
2. And in case you forgot, back in August, Britney tweeted a message to Zoe suggesting that she’d also be down for a sequel.
3. Because although Zoe Saldana hasn’t commented publicly about a sequel, she doesn’t appear to have any projects currently in production. Now could be the time to shoot a Crossroads 2!
That way the shoot could wrap before Zoe has to begin filming Star Trek 3.
4. Because despite Britney’s hectic schedule for her Vegas residency, she’s got a five-week break between her shows scheduled on March 7th and April 15th.
That’s more than enough time to shoot her scenes!
5. Because the original film was actually profitable making $60 million worldwide at the box office.
Not too shabby considering the production budget was only $12 million.
6. Because it’s been over a decade, but Britney and Zoe still seem to have chemistry on screen.
Look at how cute the two looked when they were photographed at LAX recently.
7. Because not all of the reviews were terrible, and Crossroads has a significantly better Rotten Tomatoes score than films like Gigli and Catwoman.
8. Because Britney was even nominated for a few awards for her performance, obviously she should consider reprising her role as Lucy.
Best Breakthrough Performance at the 2002 MTV Movie Awards and Choice Breakout Performance at the 2002 Teen Choice Awards.
Take that haters!
9. Because the first movie was developed by Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes, who is pretty much at the top of her game right now.
Can you imagine Shonda if got behind the idea of doing a sequel?
10. Because Dan Aykroyd hasn’t been up to much lately, and could probably use a pay check.
11. And most importantly, because the fans want it desperately and would undoubtedly help it take the #1 spot at the box office opening weekend.
@britneyspears @TarynManning @zoesaldana Crossroads 2? yes please! I would die ðŸ˜â¤ï¸