23 Stunning Color Tips To Make Your Small Space Feel Much Bigger
Your humble abode is about to get a huge makeover.
1. Color coding items in your tiny space streamlines the overall look and adds some personality.
2. It’s the easiest way to be intentional with every square inch you have.
Spoiled Rotten Life / Via spoiledrottenlife.com
3. The color of your furniture can also help stretch your space.
Jessica Jones / Gus Modern / Via howaboutorange.blogspot.com
Find this table here.
4. Acrylic and glass items don’t take up any visual residency, so the things on them can take center stage.
Domaine Home / The Hunted Interior / Via domainehome.com
The Ghost Chair.
5. If you feel like painting, using a bright, bold color is a big statement way to visually expand the space.
Domaine Home / Laure Joliet / Via domainehome.com
6. It impedes your eyes from registering the room’s actual dimension…aka it seems much bigger.
Domaine Home / Design Milk / Via domainehome.com
7. A tonal color scheme has a cool and sophisticated look that flows together seamlessly.
It’s perfect for a tight space and impossible to mess up.
8. Especially for small rooms lacking any interesting architecture, gray walls can add a layer of elegance.
Domaine Home / The Chriselle Factor / Via domainehome.com
9. Try balancing the look with pops of bright color or white linens to keep it from getting too dark and closed in.
10. Richer colors do absorb light, but deep, dark, and cozy may be just the thing you’re going for.
Home Polish / Via homepolish.com
11. And like gray, they vamp up the elegant feel.
Rikki Snyder / Via domainehome.com
12. If you want to save money on paint, or aren’t allowed to paint because you’re renting, all white makes rooms feel open and airy.
13. The lack of color reflects the light and will make your small space open up.
14. But no matter what bold color you’re using (or not using), don’t forget to add black.
15. Black items will ground a small space and make the other colors in the room appear crisp and clear.
Domaine Home / Gaelle Le Boulicaut / Via domainehome.com
16. Similar to stripes on your clothes, vertical stripes will elongate a room.
17. Cool colors lift warm colors up and can transform your 6-foot ceilings to look mile high.
18. Another way to stretch a narrow room, with less paint, is to break up the lines.
19. This small workshop gives a whole new meaning to bringing in the outdoors.
20. You can widen a room with a pop of color in an unexpected place.
21. Or, if you’re sharing your small space with a partner, mixing unexpected prints.
22. As long as you’re connecting the prints to other items in the room, it will feel cohesive, not random.
Domaine Home / Whim / Martha Stewart / Via domainehome.com
23. And, if your tiny room is lacking natural light, yellow is an easy way to add some sunshine.
Still not sure what color will be right for your pad? Take this fun quiz and find out!
Don't miss the stories followOnlineLiveNews24 and let's be smart!
Filed in Style